Spectrum HoloByte was the first company to publish Tetris brand games in Western Europe and North America.
Collaborated with Bullet-Proof Software on a few titles.
Bought Microprose in 1993, and adopted the name Microprose in 1996. Bought by Hasbro in 1998; Hasbro closed Microprose in 1999. Hasbro sold it's video game assets to Infogrames, which renamed itself Atari after another studio that Hasbro had bought.
Tetromino games Edit
The following tetromino games were developed or published by Spectrum HoloByte:
- Super Tetris (PC DOS, 16-bit Windows)
- Tetris (PC, Spectrum HoloByte) (PC DOS)
- Tetris Classic (PC DOS, 16-bit Windows)
Non-tetromino games Edit
The following non-tetromino games were developed or published by Spectrum HoloByte:
- BreakThru, a "SameGame" clone (Game Boy, Super NES)
- Faces...Tris III, a.k.a. "FaceTris" (PC DOS)
- Hatris (PC DOS)
- Welltris (PC DOS)
- WildSnake (Game Boy, Super NES)
- Wordtris (Game Boy, Super NES, PC DOS)