Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Little known factsEdit
- The number of board states in Tetris can have is 2200 = 1 606 938 044 258 990 275 541 962 092 341 162 602 522 202 993 782 792 835 301 376 ≈ 1.6 x 1060.
- The number of stable ("with non-filled line") board states is 102219 x 1023 = 1 546 830 240 339 583 941 968 754 047 234 064 022 827 366 713 230 467 631 939 584 ≈ 1.54 x 1060
- Nowadays Tetris logo was drawn by Roger Dean
Also, according to RealTechnews:
- The game inspired a terrible single in 1992 by Dr Spin, featuring samples of music composed by Andrew Lloyd Webber
- In September 2002, Faiz Chopdat, 23, of Blackburn, was jailed for four months after refusing to turn off his mobile on a flight from Egypt to Manchester. The crew asked him three times to switch off the phone, which was interfering with the plane’s communications system, but each time Chopdat turned it on again. He was playing Tetris.
- The world’s smallest game of Tetris took place under an electron microscope using 42 glass ‘microspheres’ at the Department of Physics of Complex Systems in Amsterdam (video here)
- Yuri Yevushenko, director of the Russian Academy in the 1980s, claims Tetris is so successful because "unlike American games it is not about murder, shooting or chasing; it is about building and order."
- In a recent US study at the Harvard Medical School’s department of psychiatry, 27 Tetris players spent seven hours a day, for three days, playing the game. Many had ‘Tetris dreams’.
- "Put pieces Together to Make a Peace" (Threadless ; out of stock)
- "Tetris the Soviet Challenge" (comboutique)
- "Tetris addict" on T-shirts, messenger bags... (comboutique)
- "Amazon Addiction" (Threadless)
- "Animal Tetris" (All hands on Deck)
Art and CultureEdit
- Tetris falling on an alley (photography)
- Human Tetris
- Tiny tiny tiny Tetris GIF
- Tetris Crate
- Tetris vandalism
- Virtual Valentine's Day card
- Sugar stop-motion Tetris
- Various Tetris commercials
- Tetris Tableware
- Lady Sovereign "Love me or Hate me (explicit version)" clip (Tetris at the beginning and the end)
- Another stop-motion video (tetris at 02:34)
- German Honda Commercial
- The Perry Bible Fellowship Tetris Strip
- Tetris DS Japanese 24h marathon
- Tetris in Real Life (art photography)
Utada Hikaru, japanese pop idolEdit
- can play a vs match while laughing
- hit 99999999 on Tetris DS
- participated in a Tetris DS event organized by Nintendo
- (is cute when she plays)
Alexey Pajitnov, the man behind TetrisEdit
- won a GDC game design challenge
- (has an admirable russian accent)